Top e-Learning Platforms Creating a Better Future for Indians in 2020
23rd, July 2020 - Startup Event
Are you reading this article on a digital device? If you are, when was the last time you got a software update on this device? And has it ever happened that a particular tool or application stopped working and forced you to update its software to run again?
Well, that is exactly what COVID-19 has done to education systems around the world. It is a forced update.
In India, while some students and educators have adjusted to the new reality and have taken measures to excel right from the first day, for most others it has been a nightmare.
Apart from the Edtech giants like BYJU's & Unacademy, many other budding Edtech companies have also come forward and are empowering the educational institutions, students & the working class within their own capacity.
Listed below are a few Edtech firms, who are unique in their own way. These platforms have ceased the opportunity presented to them during the nationwide lockdown and are certainly contributing their bit in bringing back the wheel of education and new learning on track.
According to a report by BARC India and Nielsen, "There has been a 30 percent increase in the time spent on education apps since the lockdown commenced".
1. Suraasa: The need for an hour is to redesign the teacher education system and prepare Indian teachers to proudly find jobs and placements in the Universities and Schools in India and abroad. Suraasa, an learning platform that intends to redesign the current teacher education systems by building a network of millions of teachers, is on a mission to empower teachers by curating tools and techniques that are easily usable in the classroom. They help teachers in skilling themselves on the latest teaching methodologies and monitoring their learning to analyze if they have improved by leaps and bounds. In a nutshell, the aim of the startup is to bring the best in a teacher.
Today, 8,000 teachers are registered on the platform and 300 have already undertaken Suraasa's graduate-level qualification. The company also offers high growth opportunities for teachers in the field of international education.
2. EduBrisk: EduBrisk, a brain-friendly educational solutions platform for schools and students, recently initiated a programme called 'Classroom to Virtual Classroom' which enables schools to go live within 24 hours. The edtech company helps teachers teach efficiently through active learning engagement, students can grasp concepts deeper & faster with minimal screen time. It makes parents stress-free as everything needed to learn and test are under one umbrella and also facilitates a strong channel of communication between students, teachers, and parents.
3. PlayShifu: PlayShifu is a leading AR toy company offering a variety of immersive, educational toys that connect the physical and digital worlds for kids. The play experiences are of the toys that are specially designed for kids aged 2 to 12 years so that they can learn and as well as explore the world.
The founders of this educational toys startup saw a need to provide meaningful digital experiences for kids, PlayShifu is now loved around the world with offices in the Bay Area and Bangalore, India. PlayShifu products are available in more than 15 countries.
4. classroom.Live: classroom.live is a complete virtual classroom solution and a product of Unthinkable Solutions LLP comes with an interactive whiteboard striving for seamless collaboration and easy content creation for teachers. The platform is safe for both teachers & students as they conduct fully secured and collaborative live sessions and keep complete control and track of teachers & students activities and the platform also claims that it is the only edtech platform which is launched to lower the work of both learners and educators by providing necessary learnings at every step. Around 150 institutions are using Classroom.live and 1 lacs + students take sessions per day.
5. IntelliPaat: Intellipaat as a company has become a pioneer in developing courses in collaboration with IT moguls such as IBM, Microsoft, etc. and rendering 150+ technical training courses, including Hadoop, Big Data, Data Science, Cloud Computing, SAP, Salesforce, and more!
To date, Intellipaat has trained more than 600,000 happy learners. It has established itself in the highly competitive field of e-learning. Their training courses not only provide learners with a comprehensive understanding of the latest technologies but also effectively fill the gaps in today's technological capabilities.
If you are interested to publish your article please write to us - email@example.com
Categories: Startup , Startup community , News , Food tech , Legal tech startup , HR Tech , Tech Startup , Guest blog , Featured entrepreneur , Startup funding , FinTech , International news , International Startup , Analytics , Product review , Social enterprise , Health care , My journey , Co working space , Fashion , Sponsored , F&B